Monday, September 3, 2007

Humorous Speech and Speech Evaluation Contest

Message from Contest Chair, CL Norman Chin:-

My heartiest congratulation to CL, Dusun Chong for winning both the Humorous Speech & Evaluation Speech Contest. Cheers!

Also, congratulation to ATMG Datuk Hassan for being the first runner up in the Evaluation Speech Contest.


For the past 2 years, I have been a regular contestant to our club level’s speech contest and I always took for granted the hard work by the organizing team until this year, I was the contest chairperson (by default). It was not as easy as I first thought. Luckily, the contest went smoothly with only minor hitches.

I would especially like to thank ATMB Dora for her guidance & help to make this humorous speech and speech evaluation contest a successful one. I learned a lot from her!

For those who missed the speech contest, I would like to tell you that Dusun’s humorous speech title was “Sleep with Some one”. I thought it was really superb and everybody laughed hysterically especially Amy and Alice, both seated at the timer’s corner. Well done Dusun!


I would also like to thank JR Chia for being the Test Speaker for the evaluation speech contest. For your information, JR brought his wife as an encouragement and support. P.S. JR, When is your wife joining? J

Last but not least, I would like to thank all contestants for both contests, as my “Sifu” Anthony Robbin once said and I quote “the moment you step up to take the challenge, you are already a better person.”


All and all, I really enjoy this “Toastmasters journey” very much and hope all of you can be apart of it in the near future.


Yours in Toastmasters,
CL Norman Chin.

1 comment:

Ravi Kumar said...

interesting.. I too participated at the Infosys Toastmasters humorous contest... Do read my experiences:
We were the winners