Monday, November 26, 2007

Sandakan Toastmasters in Medan

Last weekend, a few of Sandakan Toastmasters namely, Madame President herself, Datin Grace, CL Norman Chin, CL Amy Hiew, TM Bee Lin, CL Dusun and CC Margaret attended the District Semi Annual Convention in Medan.

So here's Norman's testimony on his trip to Medan...

“ Medan , here I come!”

That’s what on my mind when I boarded Air Asia AK5161 flying to Medan , Indonesia .

I finally went for my first ever District convention after joining Toastmasters Club for 5 years. Six of our club members, Bee Lin, President Grace, Amy, Magaret, Dusun and myself, went for the Medan Convention 2007, it turn out we have a wonderful and memorable time in Medan.

Being inspired by Past Internation President, DTM Dilip Abayasekara, outstanding speech was my best bid in the Medan Convention. I was also inspired by some of the outstanding Toastmasters who had shown great leadership skill, courage and dedication during the convention. By observing, I gain the momentum to serve the club and Toastmasters in better ways.

I enjoy Medan convention because I like to visit new places. Medan , Indonesia , is a brand new destination in my journey of traveling. Being in Medan , I have been able to try out different things such as their food, culture and languages. To be honest, Indonesia food was not really my type of food, but in life, we do have to try and enjoy something different once a while. As for the Indonesia culture, I learn the Indonesia people ways of dancing and I also learn a word of greeting “Horas”, which means welcome in Indonesia Language

On the last day of the convention, we were entertained by the finest speakers from varies Division competing in the Evaluation Contest and Humorous Speech contest. I am impressed by those top speakers and I certainly enjoy listening to their speeches and evaluation. Hopefully, our club representative will be competing in the stage soon.

This convention was really an eye opener for me, I believe I will attend more convention in the near future be it for fellowship, listening for great speeches or visiting new places, I enjoyed every moment of it. "

Sounds fun aye peeps?

Oh well, here're some snapshots of our members in Medan along with other Toastmasters.


For more updates and writes up; do visit Tawau Toastmasters site and our Area K2 site.

No comments: